Sunday, March 23, 2008

Blessed Assurance

Easter appropriate!

 

Blessed Assurance

Fanny Crosby – 1873

[see the Wikipedia article about Fanny Crosby at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_Crosby]

 

1.      Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!

        O what a foretaste of glory divine!

        Heir of salvation, purchase of God,

        born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.

Refrain:

        This is my story, this is my song,

        praising my Savior all the day long;

        this is my story, this is my song,

        praising my Savior all the day long.

 

2.      Perfect submission, perfect delight,

        visions of rapture now burst on my sight;

        angels descending bring from above

        echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

        (Refrain)

 

3.      Perfect submission, all is at rest;

        I in my Savior am happy and blest,

        watching and waiting, looking above,

        filled with his goodness, lost in his love.

        (Refrain)

 

No comments: